Harmony 885, 895 or 1000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Oversleep, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Oversleep

Oversleep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Hi all
    After i have been doing some serious online research about Universal remote control, i can narrow my choices down into 3 model
    Harmony 885, 895 and 1000

My equipments are

Pioneer DVD player
    Pioneer AV receiver (Input DVD, Computer and PS2... Output a TV and a projector)
    SkyBox (thomson, white one)
    Panasonic plasma screen
    Sony projector
    PS2

Now i can not make up my mind if i want the stylish expensive awkward touching screen of the 1000 (£226), or the easy touching, classic look of 885(£138), or a clone of 885 with RF extension of 895 (£190)....

My first choice now would be the 885 as i do not think i need the RF extender but who knows....Still the looks of the 1000 is so temped...

Any chance i can view these three...? i am in Nottingham area

this will be my first universal remote control i ever buy..
    The one come with my Pioneer AV can not recognise my Sky...

please help... remote experts...

2. bu5ter

bu5ter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    if it was me id go with the 885 or 895 if you need it because i hate touch screens i prefer the tactile feedback and not having to look at the remote. I have a 885 and feel it is overpriced somewhat as the build quality isnt as great as you would expect the clicky button response i dont like but it does work well there is no doubt. so overall id give it a 7/10

ive had a pronto which drove me to insanity with its touchscreen but the hard buttons it did have had a great feedback like the volume and programme up and down i so wish theyd make a decent cut down pronto

3. jtotheb

jtotheb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I agree about the buttons on the 885. Build quality should be better for the price.

However, if you're debating between this and the 895, my equipment is all tucked away in the corner and still works even if I don't point the remote anywhere near it. Admittedly, it would be different if it was in a cabinet.

4. twintin

twintin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i use my 885 with a keene extender & all my kits in a cupboard and it works fine. I really like the 885 especially as my wife really likes it, but i agree about the clicky buttons it can be a bit annoying if you're a channel flicker like me :D Overall i'd give it 8.5/10

5. Oversleep

Oversleep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    It seems that the 885 is still my top choice... i just also get the keene extender for £25.. not bad

Still can not forget about my dream holding the 1000 ... so poshhhhhhh....