Harmony 880/885 background screen colour

martin purnell

Novice Member
Hi, am hoping to buy this subject to the answer! When it says you can change the background, does this mean the actual colour (blue on all the available photos)? The reason for asking is that my wife's eyesight can't distinguish white writing on a blue background. However, if i kept the text as white but made the background as dark as possible (say black) then we are in business!
Also, I take it that it is fairly east to change a screen name so that it will operate the Projector in tandem with the av amp etc?
Any advice would be most welcome. Many thanks,

Martin

captain747480

Novice Member
You can set the background to whatever colour you want. Just create a 128 Pixel Wide by 160 Pixel High file that meets the requirements (i.e The maximum file size is 160 KB. Only .jpg, .gif, .png, and .bmp image formats are supported.).

The Harmony is activity based so if you Watch TV via a Projector with the Sound through an AV Amp then you set up your Watch TV activity so that it turns on your Projector, AV Amp and presumably your TV Receiver (e.g. Sky STB). The setup process takes you through which bit of kit does what by asking you questions. So you can set it up so that the Vol + and - buttons change the volume on your AV Amp whilst the Ch + and - buttons switch channels on your TV Receiver.

Why not create an account on the Harmony website and go through the setup process for the kit you have.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom