• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony 785 remote and Tag AV32R 5.1 bypass mode

tausifs

Prominent Member
Hi,

has anyone managed to get the harmony remote to select 5.1 bypass mode on the AV32 while performing an Activity ?

Normally with the Tag remote you can press the DVD input button twice and it takes you to 5.1 bypass, basically toggling between DVD coaxial digital and 5.1 bypass inputs.

The problem is that I don't know how to get it to send an extra DVD signal in the activity mode. Anyone managed successfully ?

orange55

Prominent Member
What you need to do is go into the tag menu and change the remote key assignments and assign the 5.1 bypass to something like AUX.

Then you simply select that to change to the 5.1 input.

tausifs

Prominent Member
What you need to do is go into the tag menu and change the remote key assignments and assign the 5.1 bypass to something like AUX.

Then you simply select that to change to the 5.1 input.

Thanks, that's exactly what I did in the end ie. customise a button in the relevant activity.

Another problem- I have difficulty getting the Harmony to call up memory settings on the sub in an Activity. The sub gets the memory signal, but for memory 1 for eg, LFE - (volume down) simply decreases the volume by one unit and doesn't call up memory 1. I have just emailed support about this. Again probably best dealt with by customising buttons actually.

Something unconnected with the harmony- my REL sub's commands interfere with my Tag AV32R which is really annoying. I don't suppose much can be done about this.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom