Harmony 785 - Newbie question

R

ravindran

I just picked up harmony 785 and spent around an hour to get it configured. Had some success, still I have to fine tune it. I have couple of questions

- Once you add an equipment, Is it possible to change the model no of that? may be i missed it
- Is it always necessary to go to settings and change the sequence of av1...hdmi etc as per your tv remote etc. I thought picking up the model no it should be automatic.
-Further what delay times u use. I see a default of 1 sec which i fee too small for my LG Plasma's? any recommendation?
- Can you see all the models numbers available in database so that I can correctly pick it up?
- Does this work with xbox360? I don't see that listed under game console?

Looks great and will be more to fun to get what you want.

Thanks
Ravi

butleri

-You can delte a piece of equipment and add a differenct model number.
-Depends on how your TV works. Mine for example only switches between the inputs that are connected so you need to tell the remote when you set it up what sequence is.
-Never adjusted the time delay on mine so cant comment.
-Dont know if you can see a list of all models?
-Yes it works with Xbox 360 - have you not simply typed 'Xbox 360'?

R

ravindran

Thanks for your reply.

I am just wondering whether we can add an activity where we can specify the sequence of buttons it has to press rather it decides on its own. This is because when I created an activity "watch dvd", my LG 760IA home theatre stops at the home menu (by activating the play button) and hence I have to press another 3 to 4 buttons with some navigation before the dvd is played back. Is it possible to add those (like a macro) sequence and store along with your activity, so that with a press of key, i get my dvd played back.

I tried with the software but couldn't locate the option of doing this.

Thanks
Ravi

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom