Harmony 785/885 woth the extra compared to the 555 ?

marcstang

I'm looking ot get a Harmony universal remote but don't quiet understand the differences between the various models. From reading the website it appears that they are all programmed the same way using the same database. They all allow setting of macros and can control 16 devices.

I need something to control a TV, DVD, V+ box, PVR, Projector, and Amp. I can't really justify spending £140 on a remote but would consider it if there are good advantages. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Volvo

I started with the 525, i just couldn't get it to program right maybe it was a user problem,i dont know. So i sold it straight away on ebay and bought the 885,it was so much better got it programmed in about 20 minutes plus colour screen also felt better! well worth the extra money, the cheapest i have seen is about £125

rmknight

You get a charger with the 785/885.

I had a 525 and it ate the batteries. I now have a 885 and is great the change last for a number of days but we normally charge it over night.

Regards,

Rm_knight

R

r3jjj

I had the same dilema and went for the cheaper option, I've had the 555 for a few weeks now and after a bit of fine tuning i couldn't be happier...I guess i'll have to wait and see about the batteries

dponsford

Hi,

I've got both a 785 & 885. The rechargeable batteries are one excellent reason to go for either of these models. Plus they look and feel great.

You can pick up the 885 at pixmania for a bout 95 quid and the 785 at komplett.co.uk for not much more.

Cheers, dp

blicky_1

I had the same dilema and went for the cheaper option, I've had the 555 for a few weeks now and after a bit of fine tuning i couldn't be happier...I guess i'll have to wait and see about the batteries

Yep agree with you mate, I got one at the Bristol show for £60 and all is going well, had some kit changes since the show and it was easy to swap around/add new devices as for batteries mine is still on the demo ones installed in the unit from new I still have the new unused ones that came with it! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom