1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony 688 Sky+ menu jump problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Demon666, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Demon666

Demon666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have just got myself a harmony 688 but when i tried to use the sky+ on screen menu , it seems to jump 2 channels . Which ever direction button i press it acts
    like 2 button press's . I've tried changing the inter key delay , repeats and contacting customer support but still no joy :(

Anyone know how to fix this please !!!!

Thanks in advance

Demon

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    easist way is call tech support they are great and will fix it in 4-5 minutes.........or email them.......

3. Demon666

Demon666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep i've tried them and still no joy , but i have to say they are very helpful .

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    ah is it learnt code or downloaded one?

5. Demon666

Demon666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried the harmony database and also tried learning from sky+ remote . Just a little pain that it dont work like the sky+ remote , i have to click the button each time to scroll up/down the on-screen menu . :( (this is after the tech support fix)

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    sorry dont have Sky+ but have used H655 with sky+ in the past not worries wonder if it specific to the 688......???

7. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    My 655 cursor buttons have just started moving things twice when controlling my DVD recorder.

Emailed customer support, but update didn't change the problem. Emailed again and will see what they do next time.

They sure are prompt though.

8. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    An update on my cursor problem:

I received a second email update from CS which has cured the trouble, so I'm happy again.

9. Demon666

Demon666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, tested the 688 with a normal sky box (oldtype) and it worked fine .
    I guess the 688 doesn't like my amstrad sky+ box , im in two minds to change to a different remote or stick with the harmony :(

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    demon try CS once more (phone them) get them to go through it with you over phone till all fixed.

11. Kingy

Kingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Demon, what have you set the SKY+ up as, a PVR or a satellite? I set mine first as a PVR and got the error that you are getting. I then deleted the PVR and set it up as a satellite with same model number etc and it now works fine :)

The TV volume jumps in steps of two but i can live with that as I dont use it much anyway. Excellent remotes imo.

12. paul_mowbray

paul_mowbray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Getting really annoyed with my Harmony 688 remote operating my Amstrad Sky+ box.

Everything was working fine until the other day when I upgraded the hard drive which went fine but now my 688 is doing the 2 channel skipping problem mentioned earlier in this post. I have tried altering the sensitivity and the different key response settings to no avail. Does anyone have a set of numbers for the sensitivity setting and key interval times that work succesfully?

Also My device button does not work at all, any ideas how to get this going, I emailed CS but they just told me to upgrade the firmware, i'm running the latest version so no help there.

Any help appreciated as i am pulling my hair out at the minute with this thing!!

13. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    posted in error

14. paul_mowbray

paul_mowbray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i fixed my device button, rather embarrisingly it was a dodgy connection with the hardware board! Whilst on the phone to Brooke in the states I thought i'd try the device button one last time and pressed it down nice and hard and gave it a good wiggle and it started working!

But after an hour on the phone I still don't have correctly working up,down,left,right buttons with sky+.

Went thru all the different sensitivity settings and key interval timings but these buttons are still sending a double commamnd. All the other buttons are fine. I have tried mapping the arrow keys to different buttons bit get the same problem. Have tried removing the device and re-adding it in the harmony online setup. The most annoying thing is that it was fine before the hard drive upgrade, I can't possibly see how this could have effected things?

Any ideas? Please, it's like russian roulette trying to stop it on the program I want!!

15. adriandg

adriandg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm having the exact same problem. When I first set my remote up it all worked fine, then it suddenly started to skip two lines with the direction keys.

I've tried all the diff sensitivity settings and the inter key delay. I've wiped the flash memory on the remote and reistalledplus all the steps you've outlined. I've spoken to Logitech about it and what they said didn't work. I've now tried to email them, but as yet they haben't got back to me. If I have any joy I'll let you know.

16. paul_mowbray

paul_mowbray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good to hear that it's not just me, well not glad because I can empathise with how enoying it is but you know what i mean! If I come up with anything I will post it.
    The only thing that CS could advise was to try and learn the command from the old remote, only problem is that is one of the reasons I bought the harmony becasue my old sky remote had died!

17. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Strange ? I had problems the other way around ! My Pace V2 Sky+ box is listed as a "Satellite - Skyplus PVR (BSkyB PVR) " and it works just fine.

Or maybe that is classed as a satellite ? :confused:

18. stevecol

stevecol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had same problem with my 525. Got round it by getting the remote to learn "RAW" commands.

Go to your Harmony Home page. (Do the online stuff it's far better than the software!)
    Click on "More Options" on your satillite
    Scroll down the page and click on "Custom Button"
    Tick the "Direction Left" and then Click "Learn Raw"
    Do the piont remotes at each other thingy and then update remote!
    Do each direction button seperately. It cured my annoying 2 jump problem!

My 525 has now been working fine for 4 weeks, even added some more equipment and deleted some, and still the 2 jump problem has not returned!

Let us know if this cures your problem, so others can have a go!

Regards
    Steve

19. paul_mowbray

paul_mowbray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gonna get someone to bring a Sky+ remote round so I can try the learning thing to see if this sorts out my problem, will post if this works for me or not.