• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony 688 changing amp in a/v system advice please

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Hi Guys I have a Harmony 688 which controls my Sky HD, Humax PVR and HDDVD player.

I is configured to work through my Denon 3802 amp,the thing is I am swapping the amp out for a Yamaha RX V2700 and at the same time adding a Wii into the system.

The question is do I have to totally reconfigure from scratch or can I just remove the amp settings from the Harmony and replace with the Yammy amp.

I have the remote hooked up to the pc with the software running but it does not seem to give an option to replace the amp.It says do you want to rename, is this the same thing or not.

Am I better to do some sort of factory reset and start again or is there an easier way.

Thanks Guys

Keith

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Thanks guys I seem to have it sorted now.

I am reprogramming any probs and I will be back:)

logiciel

do I have to totally reconfigure from scratch or can I just remove the amp settings from the Harmony and replace with the Yammy amp.
Am I better to do some sort of factory reset and start again or is there an easier way.
OK Keith - good to hear you got it sorted, but in case anyone else looks in the answers are: no, you don't have to start over, yes you do delete one device, set up the other, and the system prompts you to adjust the necessary activities; no it isn't better, there isn't a factory reset function anyway, and yes there is an easier way, the one in the first answer.:thumbsup:

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Hi Logiciel

Thanks mate,just not had to rework one before and the help function ain't that great.

Once I had realised it was a case of deleting the amp by using the wastebin (which was not obvious in the first place) it was Ok.

As you say deleted old amp added Yammy and Wii then went through all the settings with my existing equipment making a few changes regarding the new amp and tried the remote and everything was Ok.:thumbsup:

logiciel

That's OK, and I agree that there are many aspects of the software that are not sufficiently obvious.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom