• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

harmony 659 and cambridge audio 540r

M

musicman1999

is anyone using this combo and having problems.the trouble comes when using macro commands and the need to change inputs on the reciever.sometimes gets it right sometimes not.customer assistance is trying
but still not consistant.controls all my other gear perfectly.
thanks
bill

vinz420

Ah hah! Same problem I have but with a Harmony 525 (which should be similar to your one anyway).

On the software, it has "InputDvd" and "InputVideo1" etc etc but on the remote it only has "InputNext" (which works), are we getting to the same point?

Anyway, for other people that hasnt had this problem, what I'm having is that when you use the "Activity" (macro) button for let's say "Watch HD DVD", the macro was set to turn the TV on & switch it to the correct input, switch the HD DVD player on, turn on the 540R Receiver & set it to the correct input - which it doesnt!!!

I personally believe that the Harmony Remote thinks that the CA 540R has a separate Input Button for each channel (Optical, Coax etc) but it doesnt, it only has a "InputNext" button which just keeps switching in a particular order.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom