1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony 655 with DVD recorders

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by martin day, Aug 31, 2005.

1. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a TOSh RXDS345 recorder which obviously has a huge amount of functions on it. Does anyone have any experience of using the 655 to operate a dvd recorder (preferably the TOSH)

2. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    No, but I have just bought an 855 which is used with a panasonic HS2.
    It has a good command of the HS2 but it needs to scroll through some pages to get to where you want to be.
    I must say, I have only just bought this but feel it replaces my Marantz easily, if I need to, I can sort out the problems via the Wizard.

3. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I have a 655 and a RDXS34 and the 655 controls EVERYTHING the original tosh remote does.

Yes, you'll have to scroll through the 655's screen to get at some functions, but it only takes a fraction of a second to do and soon becomes second nature. The set-up of the remote takes some time and can be frustrating but the customer support is great and once it's done it's great.

My RDSX34 and 655 are two of the best buys I have recently made.