Harmony 655 verse 525

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Grobnic, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Grobnic

Grobnic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've just ordered a new TV and I will need a universal remote to run all my kit now, so I've been looking at options.

Logitech seems to get very good remakes on it's service level so I think it's between the 655 and the 525. The 525 looks sexier but I can't see what it does the 655 does not.

Can anybody enlighten me as to why the 525 might be better that the 655 (or the other way around :confused: )

Any comments would be helpful

2. jriihi

jriihi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would get 525 because it looks better :)

3. msg

msg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Functionality basically identical; down to looks and feel at the end of the day. See comments on 525...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240272&page=3

However, 655 has additional 'picture' and 'sound' buttons which enable direct access to adjustments throughout your activities (I've used soft buttons on the LCD on my 525 to get exactly same results).

Note though, the colour buttons on the 655 have replaced the 'exit', 'info', 'menu', and 'guide' buttons from the USA version (650).

I've noticed that the red and blue buttons on the 655 are supposed to undertake dual functions - 'exit' and 'menu' (which could be confusing). Also, 'guide' is just below the LCD and 'info' is nowhere to be seen. So layout is not logical for these functions.

If you have a PVR, DVB equipped TV, Sky or freeview box, then the H525 would be the easier one to use.

Dave ;)