1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony 655 Setting Up?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by wokeye, Aug 26, 2005.

1. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I have just bought a Logitech Harmony 655 remote due to recommendations on here and I have to say that my initial impressions are that this is an awesome bit of kit. Had a few niggles setting up my Hitachi TV, but soon got it figured. The only other things I need to do is setup a few other functions to make it perfect. When using the softkeys for functions on my TV one of the features that I use very often is the AV button to flick through the devices that are connected by scart leads, however I have to press the "Next" button a few times to get to this soft key on the display screen, is there a way of programming the remote so that this button would be one of the initial commands to appear on the softkey menu once I set the TV as my device? Or will the remote learn that I use this function often and move it there itself? Or could I just program another hard key on the remote to operate this function?

The only other minor gripe that I have is that when I am moving through Sky menu's using the arrow keys the Sky moves down through the menu's slower than when I press the button, I am assuming that there is a way to adjust the time in which the remote sends the signal to the digibox?

Apart from this the control is simply awesome value for £50 :thumbsup: Awesome bit of kit :)

2. jaymz

jaymz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
  3. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Thanks for the help jaymz :thumbsup: Got this remote sorted now and all I can say it is an incredible piece of kit for £50 very well impressed and would recommend it to anyone :clap: