1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony 655 Power Off Problems And Scart Switching

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by wokeye, Sep 8, 2005.

1. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I am still having problems setting up this control and probably I should be really just phoning the help line.

My problems are when selected the activity watch a PVR for my LG DVD Recorder, the stupid thing will not switch on even though it has been instructed to do so :rolleyes: This is probably because in the power settings I have left it to be switched on all the time! This was because when I was pressing the main power off button on the H655 it was switching it off when it was recording :( The problem is if I do leave it on all the time my TV seems to route all the signals through the stupid thing even though the SKY is on AV4 and the DVD Recorder is on AV2, the LG does not have an RGB out so the picture is not as good. Basically I was just wondering is there a way to program the main power off button to switch everything off except the DVD recorder? Instead of setting it to just be on all the time like my satellite system which I obviously want on all the time. Then I could just request the DVD to be left on during other activities.

I am also having grief with scart switching, when I switch the DVD recorder on without selecting "watch a PVR" it switches the the TV channel automatically to AV4 (the scart input for SKY) when the scart to the TV from the DVD recorder is AV2 :rolleyes: I do not know if this is anything to do with the lead coming from the Sky digibox to the recorder to record things? I find this scart switching really annoying and as such it upsets the H655 as it does not seem to know that the TV has changed its AV imput and usually when you select an activity it goes to the incorrect AV setting. My TV has to cycle through the AV channels 1- 4 and the tuner setting on the normal control so this is the way that I set up the H655, maybe I should try programming it to go directly to the AV channel although it probably will not work as the original remote only had one button to cycle through the inputs.

This Scart switching is a pain, there seems to be no way to disable it on my Hitachi TV, although I could switch off scart control on the digibox (not entirely sure what this is for). I have read on here about removing pin 8 from the scart leads to prevent scart switcing but my leads were quite expensive and maybe this is not a good idea.

Maybe I am just crying about nothing, and should just enjoy the control despite these minor gripes that cause a few more button presses :confused:

2. jaymz

jaymz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I had the same problem and i have a quickly created a Record-PVR activity but it does not give you the option or at least i could not find it to leave the PVR on when exiting an activity. The only you have is to set the PVR to be on always and it will overider the activity control.

The scart swtiching should not be an issue as you can add a delay to switch back the correct channel as part of the activity (however CSS did it for me!!)

The AV cycling is part of the configuration, there is a setting on the Tips section called adjust inputs.