Harmony 655 and NTL Info button

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by captain747480, Jun 1, 2005.

1. captain747480

captain747480

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've recently bought a Harmony 655.

I have it set up Ok except for I can't get it to replicate my NTL Info button.

All other NTL Controls are Ok but the Info button on the Harmony causes the Help to appear on the screen rather than the information about the current program and when I try to Learn it from my existing NTL remote I get an Invalid command message when I try to upload it to the Harmony.

I've got a call in to Harmony CS but just thought I'd see if anyone else has had this problem and if they've managed to fix it.

Captain747480

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    not had this specific issue but if you go into the activity customise you can adjust button mapping.

3. captain747480

captain747480

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's the button mapping that's the problem.

There is a Harmony Command 'Info' and a Harmony Command 'Help' but they both cause my NTL Box to do the same thing (i.e. display the On Screen Help).

There isn't a Harmony command the replicates what my NTL Info button does (i.e. Display Info about the current programme) and I can't learn it in because it gives the Invalid Code message.

It'll be a shame if it can't be done because the Harmony is absolutely top draw apart from this problem but if I still have to keep the NTL remote close by in order to see what a programme is about then the Harmony might as well go back.

Captain747480

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    are you sure it hasnt been mapped as a secondry fuction of a cursor normally UP or select???

5. captain747480

captain747480

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Not sure what you mean.

Could you give a bit more detail e.g. how would this work?

Captain747480

6. captain747480

captain747480

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    After 5 or 6 E-Mails with options to try, Harmony CS have finally conceded defeat and said that there is no RC5 equivalent for the IRDA code that my current remote sends and therefore they can't do anything.

Shame really because the 655 is outstanding other than this one thing which although I didn't think I really used it alot it's amazing how much you miss it when it isn't there!

Back to the drawing board. :(

Captain747480