Harmony 650 Mute and Return Buttons

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by LongStrength, Feb 21, 2013.

1. LongStrength

LongStrength
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Hi, :hiya:

I received my 650 yesterday and overall I am thrilled with it, I think it's GREAT!

However something is bothering me, the two buttons underneath the directional buttons, the Mute and Return buttons, these are VERY unresponsive often requiring multiple presses or very firm pressure to achieve a response. :thumbsdow

Please may I ask, has anybody else found this? as I have asked for a replacement form Amazon, however, I feel there is a GOOD chance I am wasting my time, and this is the same on them all.

Any information or ADVICE would be very much appreciated

MANY thanks.

2. MadScientist

MadScientist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    The similar buttons on my Harmony 900 are fine. However there are a number of settings regarding sending commands that can be optimised. Interdevice delays, repeat timings etc. Have you optimised these?

3. LongStrength

LongStrength
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Many thanks, and no, I was under the impression a basic button press should be a basic button press, no macros or anything fancy like sequences are going on here, just, press the mute button to mute, etc.

I must point out the other buttons seem fine, SPECIALLY the click buttons like the directional and play/pause buttons and volume up/down etc, these are nothing short of PERFECT.

It's the squidgy ones.

4. MadScientist

MadScientist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    From the Logitech help site. Third one is relevent to you

There are several possible reasons why a button is not working on your remote:
    •you need to teach the command to the remote (see Knowledge Base article 18266)
    •a command is not mapped to that button (see Knowledge Base article 18268)
    •the button is faulty - if you press a button that has a command mapped to it, and you do not see the IR send icon in the bottom right of the remote's screen, this could indicate a bad button.

You might want to post your problem in the forum's 'remote' section - you'll get more replies

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  5. LongStrength

LongStrength
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Thanks, but we are not really any further forward, probably good if somebody with a 650 jumps in as it seems your remote does not have this problem, but it's a different model.

To clarify, I checked the IR send icon, and it's exactly as I suspected, it works, but I need to be pretty, DISTINCT about pressing these buttons, no half assed ****, gotta really PRESS them both to get it to register and send the IR signal.

So, anybody else's 650 like this? or has mine got lazy buttons?

Concerned about getting the replacement and it being exactly the same, this is in my mind, most likely :(

6. MadeMeCry

MadeMeCry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 650 buttons are fine, just like any other of the buttons. If it is the same for all devices/activities then I would say a faulty remote (Logitech are very good with exchanges) but if it only happens on one device/activity then it is a bad config.