Harmony 650 help

dbroms

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope someone can help but losing my patients with this now. I've managed to setup the basic activities. Watch tv, watch DVD etc but I now want to add a command at the beginning of every activity. I want to turn my led lights on, I do have a ir remote but how do I add this to each activity ? Hope that makes sense. Recap , when I press watch tv I want it to turn on my led lights, tv , amp etc.

Set them up as a device like any other.
Run Review Settings for each activity and include them as an Additional Device.

Thanks mate, will have a try in a minute. All very confusing though.

Is it better to use web based software or the downloaded 7.7.0 one ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why confusing?:confused::)
If you have the choice go for the normal setup procedure.

The software is a little confusing at first but I'm sure I will get the hang of it , would help if I knew the maker of the led light controller lol

It could do with a touch of modernisation I agree, but all you have to do is decide what types of activity you want for different combinations of devices, then answer three or four simple questions about the way you want them to
work.
You'll need to set up the lights as an unspecified device and "learn" its commands.

One thing I'm struggling with is an activity I've created called Internet tv. My Samsung has Internet tv so I want to press on one activity and it switches over to the Internet. I have set it so when you press the activity it brings up a screen with Internet tv on, press that and it works ok but I'm being fussy and id prefer just to press one button.

Yes, I have that on the Sammy.
All you do is include the necessary commands as Additional When Activity Starts, and the reverse When Ends.

Thanks logicel , may sound daft but how do you do that ?

:)Activity> Settings> Review Settings> Yes but I want more control, then go through the pages.

Thanks mate. Been on it all day and just about there now. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome - let us know if anything else comes up - Logi

Well since you asked lol. On the colour screen it only shows 2 activities on each page. Can you have it show 4 activities so you have a button for each one without having to scroll across a few screens.

;)I've never seen a 650 close up but I guess you're stuck with whatever it shows.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom