1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmony 628 and Panasonic 32PD50

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Trickdick, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Trickdick

Trickdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm having trouble setting up my Harmony handset to work with the Panny.

All my other kit works fine.

The main problem is that the Harmony wont turn the TV on from standby. The Panny's remote needs the button pressed for a couple of seconds before it starts up so i'm wondering whether its possible to adjust the length of time the Harmony transmits its signal.

The other problem is that I need to select AV4c to watch DVDs. Although I have selected AV4C in the setup menu, when I use the HArmony it selects AV4S!

Have spent about 4 hours trying to resolve these problems and have tried dozens of amendments, none of which have worked.

I'm sure that when its all set up it will work like a dream, but at the moment its a bit of a nightmare.

Anyone got any experience of setting these things up? :lease: :suicide:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    ok simple answer ring harmony CS and ask them to sort it and in 20 minutes unit will all be sorted........ it is a "known" issues for pannys so they will sort it quick enough

3. Trickdick

Trickdick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Glad its a known problem - do you know the phone number for the Customer Service dept? I could only find a number in the US - dont fancy a 30 minute phone conversation abroad unless its a last resort!!

Cheers

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    its an 00800 number not sure what the cost is check with phome provider (or can email them free)

20 minute evening call to Canada is £1.80 on BT together option 1

5. lupo

lupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi
    I knew I had found the number somewhere on the website
    the number they are listing is
    00800 2911 5055

the website says they are toll free!

By the way you adjust the length of time the Harmony transmits its signal.
    I am sure I have seen it when customizing my 655

6. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Also had this problem with my 36" Panny. I think I solved it by changing some of the delay settings on the Harmony. go other options; then; adjust the delays (power settings) you then get four settings. Play with these might help. Mine are set in sequence 2000; 500; 1000; 100.

7. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    As for the input swithching problem try going to the DVD activity box and hit troubleshoot. At the bottom of the next screen check ;change settings; then check custom in the next screen; just keep going until you get to one that says add more actions. Here you need to put in whatever button press usually gets you from AV4s to AV4c. Hope this helps I know I had to do something similar and it was frustrating but works eventually.
    Regards Richard

8. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I've the same remote, (did you get it from Ebay?) & I am still tweaking CS are great & v helpful. I think on the website, not sure if it's under remote settings or customize (somewhere near device)you can jiggle the timing of the signals, - one of the adjustments that actually seems quite luculent - once you find it! So far I'm well impressed, but like Trickdick, the adjustment I want is never quite to hand. However as I said the standard of customer service more than makes up for any confusion on the set up. I believe I'm on the wining side now, & once completed it'll be much easier than juggling existing remotes....... Just this b set up.

9. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Just read your previous post, Seems the Ebay guess was right! I looked into it & the 628 is an older US model. However, I understand all the 6 series software is the same. Im not sure what the later models have different (some do have colour buttons) I don't think they're significantly or any better really. Bargain weren't they?