Harmony 555 with Toshiba Regza

J

junkiepilot

Is Anybody using a 555 with a Toshiba Regza successfully?

I am controlling the following devices with mine (or trying to at least)

32c3030db regza.

Philips Home Cinema HTS3115.

Virgin Media STB - Scientific Atalantic 4200 DVB.

I have set up my Watch TV activity to turn on the tv, switch to "EXT1", turn on the home cinema and switch it to "aux", and then turn on the STB.

I then control channel changing with the STB and volume with the home cinema.

However, I can not get the damn thing to switch the TV to the correct input. I have tried delay settings but no success.

Any ideas?

I've had the 525 and been trying to do the same with a 37WLT68 for three days now. It just will NOT turn the TV on to EXT1 which is my input for Sky+.

I've just spent about 5 hours on it and i'm losing the will to live. Anybody got this working out there?

Anybody out there with a Harmony 5xx and a Toshiba?

Everything is fine with the Harmony except turning on the TV from "cold". I watch TV via Sky+ (no RF aerial) and the Harmony refuses to tell the Tosh to go to Ext1 (my SCART input for Sky+)

I guess this is something to do with the delays but no setting seems to work. Can anybody help us with theirs?

PS - If I select "Watch DVD" or "Play Xbox" everything is fine and the correct input is selcted. Also, if I have selcted one of the above and THEN choose Watch TV, everything is fine. The only error occurs with "Watch TV" as the first activity I choose.

Hi,

I am using the 525 with a WLT66 Regza and it is switching the inputs ok. I use the DTV and 3C inputs for my Watch TV and Watch DVD activities respectively.

When an activity is pressed, the 525 cycles through the inputs and stops on the correct one for the activity.

I don't know how the standard remote input selection works on the WLT68 models but on the 66 you can press a button to present a menu, from which you can scroll up or down to the required input and then press OK. I have an outstanding helpdesk call with Logitech in that I would like the activity to operate in a similar fashion rather than cycling through each input.

Bu anyway, with the standard setup of the 525 for the WLT66, it workd ok for me on the DTV and 3C inputs.

Just an afterthought: You say it's a problem when you switch on from cold. Is this because the TV is autoswitching to a particular input rather than coming on at the last input that was selected when it was turned off. This would confuse the 525 since it "remembers" the current input of the TV. Is there an option to disable the TV from autoselecting an input.

The '68 does remember the last input used and starts each time from "cold" using this input. Surely this must be more confusing for the Harmony than always starting in the same place? Logic tells me that if the '68 has 9 input options (PC, DTV,ATV, HDMI 1-3 and EXT 1-3) then if it starts in a different place each time and scrolls through a "remembered" number of inputs then it will start my Watch TV in a different place depending on what I had last watched? This seems to be what is happening to me.

I would prefer if the '68 had a preference to always start on a set input. HDMI 1 would suit me as the Sky+ box passes through my Panny EX75 so both use this input. Does anybody know if the '68 can be set to start like this?

The crux of it is that you have to ensure you use the Harmony for all remote control activity. This way, the Harmony knows what input is currently selected and knows how to select the next required input.
If you are using another remote, or the TV auto-switched to another input without the Harmony knowing, it gets "out of sync" in that the TV is on an input different from what the Harmony believes.

What jonnygal said. There appears to be a big delay before the TV accepts inputs from cold - I havemine set to 4000ms (42wlt66) and it usually gets it right. However I have the 'prev' button set to change TV channel for all activities, as it still messus up now and again. Every now and agian I just use this button to get the channel right, it's no biggy. (Harmony 555 by the way)

Still no further with my problem...

The remote switches all devices on when I press Watch TV and goes to to the correct input - EXT1.

If I then press Watch DVD it changes the input to HDMI1, and switches the cable box off, and switches the Home Cinema to the correct input.

OK so far.

However when I have finished watching the DVD and then press Watch TV again, it switches the TV to the PC input (every-time). I cannot see why, as the 555 knows my list of inputs but is only switching the input 3 times to take it to PC, rather than 6 times to take it back to EXT1.

Is there a way I can program one button on the remote that will switch inputs (as I could live with this)?

Another question.....when watching TV I cannot get the 555 to replicate the 4 coloured buttons from the STB remote, nor does the exit button work to exit from the Virgin interactive menu. Any ideas on this?

Still no further with my problem...

However when I have finished watching the DVD and then press Watch TV again, it switches the TV to the PC input (every-time). I cannot see why, as the 555 knows my list of inputs but is only switching the input 3 times to take it to PC, rather than 6 times to take it back to EXT1.

Another question.....when watching TV I cannot get the 555 to replicate the 4 coloured buttons from the STB remote, nor does the exit button work to exit from the Virgin interactive menu. Any ideas on this?

Two choices with the switching, either phone the helpline or (if life's too short), try an intermediate step like move to the pc input as an "Exit DVD" condition. You need to re-do the activity set-up to do this. Then it may pick up the correct input when it goes into the TV activity. You can play around with this DVD exit step until you can find one that works. I had a similar problem with a Panasonic TV and that's how I solved it.

You need to map the colour buttons in your Watch TV activity. Go to Customise Buttons, find the colours, choose TV from the device column and then the appropriate colour in the last column (whatever it's called!) and you should be sorted.

I can confirm that the Logitech helpline is the best customer service dept I have ever dealt with. Level 1 support could not fix my problem, so they put me through to 2nd Level support in Canada and the guy had it sorted in 10 minutes.:thumbsup: :D :rotfl: :smashin: :clap:

What a remote !

also have the same problem with my Toshiba WLT68 and harmony 895.

Please tell us what the solution was from canada?:lease:

Ditto here with 37WLT68 and 525:lease:

Heres what you do:

Step 1

step1wf6.png

Step 2

step2vi5.png

Step 3

Here is where the remote gets confused with Toshiba's.....You need to re-list the inputs in the opposite direction to which they appear on your TV list, as the tosh cycles up through inputs and not down as other TV's do, and so reversing the order will over-come this issue. If you have an ATV and a DTV input you also need to delete the one which you do not use as this will be greyed out on the Tosh and input select will skip over it.

step3ij3.png

Step 4

step4ge8.png

Step 5

step5gd5.png

Hope this helps you all.........

The problem he said with toshiba's is the fact that you have to press the input button to bring up the list and then the same button to cycle through them..this option is not available in the standard software.

This option is in fact available in the standard software(at least it is on the web-based setup). It is either "Method 3" or "Method 4" in the "Adjust inputs" screen. You can set the same command to bring up the list and cycle through the inputs.

Thanks JunkiePilot. But I still don't understand........

Quote from you "You need to re-list the inputs in the opposite direction to which they appear on your TV list, as the tosh cycles up through inputs and not down as other TV's do, and so reversing the order will over-come this issue. If you have an ATV and a DTV input you also need to delete the one which you do not use as this will be greyed out on the Tosh and input select will skip over it"

My inputs on the Tosh are as follows:
ATV
PC
HDMI3
HDMI2
HDMI1
Ext3
Ext2
Ext1
DTV

I only use PC for my laptop, HDMI1 for Sky+ and DVD recorder and EXT3 for Xbox. However, nothing is "greyed out" on the Tosh. Do you mean that my selection on the Harmony software should look like this:

Ext3
HDMI1
PC

or as nothing has been "greyed out, I should give it the entire list of 9 inputs, just in the reverse order.

Thanks JunkiePilot. But I still don't understand........

Quote from you "You need to re-list the inputs in the opposite direction to which they appear on your TV list, as the tosh cycles up through inputs and not down as other TV's do, and so reversing the order will over-come this issue. If you have an ATV and a DTV input you also need to delete the one which you do not use as this will be greyed out on the Tosh and input select will skip over it"

My inputs on the Tosh are as follows:
ATV
PC
HDMI3
HDMI2
HDMI1
Ext3
Ext2
Ext1
DTV

I only use PC for my laptop, HDMI1 for Sky+ and DVD recorder and EXT3 for Xbox. However, nothing is "greyed out" on the Tosh. Do you mean that my selection on the Harmony software should look like this:

Ext3
HDMI1
PC

or as nothing has been "greyed out, I should give it the entire list of 9 inputs, just in the reverse order.

OK, if non of your inputs are greyed out then just change your list of inputs to the opposite direction like this:

DTV
Ext1
Ext2
Ext3
HDMI1
HDMI2
HDMI3
PC
ATV

On my Tosh, you can only be in one mode of TV at any one time, DTV or ATV. If you have selected DTV then ATV is greyed out. If you select ATV then DTV is greyed out. This is why I have to delete ATV from my input list as this is always greyed out and so is in-fact not an input anymore (as far as the harmony is concerned).

Let me know how you get on...

Cheers for the post junkiepilot, but a couple of issues:

In step 5 you have no value in the field "remote button confirms the source input", I presume I can just put -None- in that field?

Is the button "InputNext" the same as the OK button, or the button with a recycle type icon on it which also can be used to bring up the list of inputs on the original Toshiba remote?

And to Captain69, did following these instructions work for you (including listing the inputs in reverse order?!)

Cheers,
h_mc

Cheers for the post junkiepilot, but a couple of issues:

In step 5 you have no value in the field "remote button confirms the source input", I presume I can just put -None- in that field?

Is the button "InputNext" the same as the OK button, or the button with a recycle type icon on it which also can be used to bring up the list of inputs on the original Toshiba remote?

And to Captain69, did following these instructions work for you (including listing the inputs in reverse order?!)

Cheers,
h_mc

Yes you need to put -None- in that field....

....and the "input next" button is the button with the cycle icon on it.

Let me know how you get on.....mine is now working perfectly for all of my AV equipment, and so I finally put away my original remotes.....even the wife can use it.:D

Yes you need to put -None- in that field....

....and the "input next" button is the button with the cycle icon on it.

Let me know how you get on.....mine is now working perfectly for all of my AV equipment, and so I finally put away my original remotes.....even the wife can use it.:D

OK, cheers matey.

I've kind of got it working.
It works fine for Watch TV, but it keeps stopping on the wrong channel for Watch DVD. However, when the DVD recorder powers up, the TV jumps to the correct input channel due to the scart connection anyway.

I'll no doubt need to perform a bit of fine tuning over the next couple of weeks, plus add in all the controls from my Dvd remote.

Thanks for the help!
:clap:

Yes, I've reversed the list of inputs on the TV Device options.

I've deleted ATV from my list as it doesn't show up when I bring up my list of inputs usually, and it works fine for Watch TV.

However, when I use activity Watch DVD, ATV is in the list of inputs that come up, and so it always stops short by one (keeps stopping on DTV instead of Ext1).
Hope that makes sense?

The only think I think I've done different than you is on the Adjust inputs I've set it up to use the OK key to bring up the list of inputs, the up arrow key to move to the correct input rather than the InputNext that I set up as it wasn't working at all, and then OK again to select the input.

The only think I think I've done different than you is on the Adjust inputs I've set it up to use the OK key to bring up the list of inputs, the up arrow key to move to the correct input rather than the InputNext that I set up as it wasn't working at all, and then OK again to select the input.

Why have you done this? Just tell it to use the input next button to bring up the menu and to cycle and no function to select, as the Tosh will automatically select the input you have cycled to.

Ive got a Toshiba 42C3030D being delivered tomorrow - I never considered it wouldn't have discrete codes for the inputs. Im presuming from what I've read there aren't?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom