Harmony 555 - SamsungR88 & EP-30 Delay Settings Help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Jason_S, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Jason_S

Jason_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi,

I have just purchased a Harmony 555, i have found that i can set most of it up, the input section is tough however with my Samsung if there is no input set to HDMI 1 it will not select it,

The issue is that when i set up Activity "Play DVD" it turns my DVD player on, TV on and sets to HDMI 1, however becasue it takes about 30-45 seconds of the DVD player to turn on it means that the Samsung TV skips the HDMI input and then sets it to the wrong input,

Is there any way i can set it so that the Samsung does not change the input for around 45 seconds, i know this means i will be waiting but at least it will be on the correct settings?

Also another quick question, is there a way of setting up multiple button presses to one command? For example i would like to set up a key press of 101 so that my Sky box enters 101 command and goes to BBC 1,

Thanks for any responses :thumbsup:

2. Pincho Paxton

Pincho Paxton
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +635
    An input delay of 45 seconds is 45000, but I would time the DVD player first, because that is a very long time. Anyway you can make the tv wait that long if you wanted to.

3. Jason_S

Jason_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks for the response, so if i set the delay up on changing inputs, can i do it just for that activity or does it do it for everything? becasue i only want it to delay in changing the input on the "play dvd" activity, otherwise doesnt that mean it will take 45 seconds to increase sound etc?

4. Jason_S

Jason_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Also does anyone have any good guides for setting up a harmony with this dvd player :) Thanks

5. Pincho Paxton

Pincho Paxton
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +635
    There is a seperate timer for power on. there are 4 timers infact.