Harmony 555 not controlling media center after starting everything up correctly

tikigod19

Established Member
Reaction score
ok I wont lie, I'm aiming this thread at logiciel as he tends to help me out evey time I have an issue with my remote, however anyone is free to chip in and stop me going mad!

I have a Briteview cinematube media player which I had to 'learn' to the harmony 555. When I press my activity for the media center, everything turns on as it should and when its finished the remote displays "media center pc" at the top, however the remote does not control anything.

If I push devices and choose media center PC, it then controls the media center as it should, every button works (although volume controls the media center in built volume and I'd like it to control my amp)

My question is, how can I get the harmony to control the media center once everythings started up and also then set it to use the amp for volume. For example when I push watch TV, when everything is on it is my Sky box that the remote controls (with amp for volume). I'd like the media center activity to be the same but use the media center (with amp for volume)

I've tried everrything I can think of in the troubleshooting with no luck!

:blush:
But have you tried the right;) thing - Customise Buttons?

that;s my boy..

ok so ive had a look at that, do i need to go through each and every button and set it manually? I ask as for the up command when I choose media player I can't see an up command.

It seems to control my media center fine as when I select it from devices it does everything it should (except the volume)

I have set the vol up down and mute buttons to work with the AV receiver but how to I set everything else to talk to the media center without going through button by button?

:blush:
Most of the buttons should have been assigned to the appropriate device when it was first set up.
You could try doing it again, or simply do the Customising to get the right devices' commands on the right buttons - every command that's available in the device's list for each device in the activity is available in the dropdown list for you to use in Customising.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom