Harmony 525 USB connection problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by LotusElan, Dec 23, 2011.

1. LotusElan

LotusElan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Just been trying to update our remote but with no joy. :(

Want to add a new device so downloaded the latest remote software. However when I tried to update the remote it halted at the USB connection screen, and didn't seem to recognise that the remote was plugged in. Tried unplugging/plugging in, restarting the software with it already plugged in, and so on, but still didn't connect. I then tried to update the firmware but that also needs to connect to the remote via USB so that was the end of that.

I've had previous version of the software working just fine, but we're now using Windows 7, so is that the problem? :confused:

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,729
    It could be, but it's more likely to be a temporary fault at Logitech's site so try again.

3. LotusElan

LotusElan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Ta - will try again today then!

4. LotusElan

LotusElan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Nope, have tried again quite a few times over the past week or so. Just doesn't seem to want to recognise my remote via USB any more. Tried several different versions of the software - one on the disc that came with it (5.x something), then the updated version of 5.x, and also 7.x. No joy. :(

Logitech site seems to be okay as I can log in and see what the set up for the remote is; it's the PC-to-remote USB bit that's stumping me! Used to work before so no idea what has changed. USB socket(s) work fine as I can connect other devices through them with no problem.

Any other ideas?

5. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,729
    I don't have any experience of W7 but maybe other posters will have ideas about that.
    I'd ask Logitech support direct, for assistance on this one though.

6. LotusElan

LotusElan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Well problem solved, and I feel like a bit of a plonker - duff USB cable! :blush::laugh:

It worked fine until recently on a few different devices so I was convinced it wasn't a hardware issue...