• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony 525 questions

gwiddicombe

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm considering a Harmony 525 remote, but have a couple of questions. Apologies if these are pretty basic questions, but I've only just started looking into these remotes.

1) Does this remote work with any device? I've had a look on the Logitech site and it appears there is a database of devices for which you can program it for....what if the device isn't in that database? Do you then use the 'Learning Port'?

2) There are 'Listen to CD' activities etc. Can these be renamed? I they they can, but wanted to check. I.E., can 'Listen to CD' be renamed to 'Listen to Squeezebox'?

3) How many activities can the remote have. On the Logitech website, it says there are 4 activity buttons, but searching this forum, I think it can handle more than 4 activities (I would need it to handle more than 4). Can someone confirm? If it can handle more than 4 activities, how does the remote display and use the extra activities?

That's it for now! Again apologies if these are fairly basic. I did search the forums but couldn't find answers to these specifically.

Thanks in advance.

G

jezzer256

Hi

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. The Logitech Database has over 80,000 devices in it. If for whatever reason your device is not there, the learn port can be used and it works very well.

2. The activities can be renamed, yes.

3. I'm not sure on the max amount of activities, however mine has 8. It has 4 on the first screen, and you press the right & left arrows to navigate to the second screen of 4.

Cheers

Jez

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom