Harmony 525 dead after 5 years! Back to life or New recommendations?

awoodhall2003

So my Harmony 525 seems to have finally died after 5 loyal years. I've tried removing batteries and getting it in safe mode but just freezes/turns off and then doesn't seem to turn on again.

So any body any ideas to get it working again?

If not what is good on the remote front now? Had a quick browse but don't like the touch ones I think. I love the 525 the way the activities can be set on the screen, so not like on the 6xx series which have set labelled buttons.
What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

logiciel

You may be able to find a replacement of the 525.
If not the 650 is the current model.

awoodhall2003

Yeah I was looking but hard to find a new 525 so was thinking perhaps going for something new. I didn't like the look of the 650 as it has set buttons labelled instead of activities that you set on the 525?

logiciel

I didn't know about that and it is a disadvantage.
Maybe a new One would be easier to find?

awoodhall2003

Well think I've got my hands on a Harmony One, under a year old, so we're see what I think of that. But by seems of it the Harmony One is still very sought after and generally works well, unlike some of the mroe questionable build quality of the newer logitech remotes.

Ronnoc

Standard Member
Well think I've got my hands on a Harmony One, under a year old, so we're see what I think of that. But by seems of it the Harmony One is still very sought after and generally works well, unlike some of the mroe questionable build quality of the newer logitech remotes.

My 525 needs replacing but I don't want to spend over £100 on a Touch or Ultimate unless it's really worth it. I may go for the One or even get a replacement 525 because it's been so good.

awoodhall2003

I was in a similar mind Ronnoc as my 525 has done 5 years, with a little one in the house too. It's been slapped, dropped and knocked, gone through moving homes 3 times and never been replaced by logitech. That I think is good build quality.

But if I'm paying for something ideally want something newer but I agree I didn't want to spend silly money. But I also don't like the idea of touch screen on a remote.

logiciel

You'll be fine with the One!

awoodhall2003

Well I'll let you know when it arrives!

logiciel

Do that!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom