Harmony 525 and Panny LXD32

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by SteveBM, Apr 19, 2007.

1. SteveBM

SteveBM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Following the glowing reviews on this forum, I've bought a 525 and I'm delighted with it.

I have a minor niggle, which I will call Logitech support to resolve, but thought I'd ask here first.

When performing the watch TV activity, the 525 switches on the TV, and my Sky+ box and selects the input AV1 which is correct.

Whilst the picture is displayed, it is not the RGB picture, which I have to access by pressing the "Sky" button on my Sky+ remote. I'm sure I've just set something up wrong. I've added the Sky button to the 525 to work around the problem, but it would be good if during the Watch TV activity, it selected the correct input to start with.

I've been through the Harmony software, playing with settings but with no success so far.

Any advice greatly appreciate. TIA,
    :smashin:

2. normalnorm

normalnorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I'm having some difficulty understanding your problem. If the TV is selecting AV1 and you have set your Sky box to output RGB, how is the picture not RGB? Unfortunately I don't have Sky+ so maybe I am missing something; I do have a 525 and a 32LXD60 though.

3. SteveBM

SteveBM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I think TV is able to receive a non RGB signal via it's AV1 port as well as an RGB one.
    It's almost as if the remote is somehow switching the RGB signal back to non-RGB. The input which shows on the TV screen when it's non-RGB is EC1, whereas when I press the Sky button is EC1\RGB

Is this the same on your TV?

4. normalnorm

normalnorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If the 525 switches the AV, you should see a banner AV1/RGB on the TV. If the Sky box switches the AV, you should see the banner EC1/RGB (I think EC probably stands for something like "external control"). If the video signal is composite, the banners are AV1 and EC1 (ie no /RGB). The TV itself should sense that it's looking at an RGB input - this is not a function of the Harmony remote on the AV1 input.

Is the default AV video out on the Sky box set to RGB? I'm afraid I don't know anything about Sky+ and whether that Sky button toggles the AV output from composite to RGB. If you push the Sky button again, does it go back to composite?

5. SteveBM

SteveBM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks for the reply.

The Sky box is set to output an RGB signal.

I understand what EC is all about now at least ;)

With regards the Sky button, pressing it does not toggle between RGB and non RGB. I think this could be a bit of a red herring. Pressing the Sky button does set the picture to EC/RGB, but I think this is just correcting a problem I have introduced by setting up the remote incorrectly.

I might just called Logitech support today as I'm sure they'll be able to fix the problem.

Cheers

6. normalnorm

normalnorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have a Technomate satellite box connected to mine with the AV output set to RGB. The Harmony remote selects (a global) AV1 for this input. The TV always goes to AV1/RGB.

If I change the Technomate output to be CVBS (I have just tried it), the TV will always go AV1 (ie composite video). I don't change anything on the Harmony remote at all.

Can anybody else shed any light on this?

7. SteveBM

SteveBM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Just to complete the story, I called Logitech Tech Support.

Excellent service.

It turns out the input setting for the Sky+ box should have been set to Sky not TV. As soon as I changed this, the Sky+ box now comes on with the EC1/RGB indicator in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Glad to get this resolved, Thanks Norm for the advice.

Cheers