• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony 1100 or Touch

dunlop73

Established Member
I have had a Logitech Harmony One for a couple of years and really like it. Some of the pixels on the touchscreen have stopped working. I emailed Logitech's support and they have given me a 50% discount voucher. I wanted a Touch as it seemed the logical replacement but apparently the voucher only applies to a 1100. The choice is then a 1100 for £125 from Logitech, or I could get the Touch from Amazon for the same price. I'm not sure which to choose. Any advice?

Jon

logiciel

They're both very different from the One, and if you really can't persuade them to give you a replacement or a Touch, my suggestion is to take the 1100, sell it, and buy another One.
The 1100 needs you to get used to the completely different form and layout, and the Touch needs you to be used to the little screens on telephones, neither of which is anywhere near as good imho as the One's combination of hard buttons and screen commands.

logiciel

There are still plenty of them around, as there are of previous models.
AVF Selling usually has one or two.

colonelblighty

Prominent Member
I must admit I was in a similar predicament not so long go and I went for a blemished box 900 from them which I got for £80. Best decision I made it like a one just that little bit better

logiciel

The IR/RF/IR makes it a lot better - and normally a lot more expensive.

dunlop73

Established Member
colonelblighty said:
I must admit I was in a similar predicament not so long go and I went for a blemished box 900 from them which I got for £80. Best decision I made it like a one just that little bit better

I liked the look of the 900 and tried to order it but its "no longer available".

wonkycows

Established Member
You're right! Looked on their site only a couple of days ago and I'm sure the 900 was on there then and now it's gone! Anyone know anything about this?

logiciel

They do this "blemished box" thing every now and again and you only know when you look.
It's worth taking when it comes up, and it's worth taking their 50% reduction offers, but otherwise their web site is not the place to go to buy any Harmony.

logiciel

Answer as per your new thread about it.
If you want one, look elsewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom