Harmony 1000 stuck on logitech splash screen

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Bodofbritain, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Bodofbritain

Bodofbritain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I got a Harmony 1000 from ebay a while back (paid 180 gbp for it), but only just got round to doing anything with it...shame on me!!!

First thing I did was charge the battery for a day, and when I switched it on, I get a Logitech splash screen type thing and I think it said V1.4.3 or something like that on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

When I hooked it up to my laptop to install the software, the two devices don't seem to talk and I got an error message. I should have written the message down, but it said something along the lines of the being a 'guid' error, or something like that. I will contact Logitech when I get a moment, but thought I'd ask on here first, as I'm not at home much, so there's no real hurry. My laptop uses Windows Xp (I think it has SP2), so can't really think why the two devices won't talk. One of the messages onscreen said that the remote may be asleep and need to press a button to wake it up, but pressing any button on the remote doesn't do anything at all.

Has anyone else experienced this and know what to do about it?

Many Thanks

2. kingfats

kingfats
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,002
    Hi Bodofbritain
    Had a similar problem.I removed the battery,put it back again and all was well.Hope it works for you.Cheers.