Harmony 1000 Line of Sight Question

jezzer256

Hi there. I have a TV at one end of the room, a projector on the ceiling at the other end and a kit rack alone the side of the room.

How can I use a Harmony 1000? Does it require line of sight to all my kit? If it does, I'm stuffed.

Jez

johnmc

just tried mine not pointing at anything in particular and it works fine.
changing channel and volume i am about 6M away.
hope this helps.
J

jezzer256

Oh right cheers. Does anyone know if that's a fluke or is it actually made to work like that?!

Jez

logiciel

My projector behind me responds to IR remote commands directed towards the screen - I suppose they just reflect back.

ajg68

It does require line of sight. It will work at reasonable angles but anything too acute and you'll need to angle the remote toward the equipment.

Like hhatkin I found that the signal can reflect off the TV in front of you and control equipment behind you - so long as you're not blocking the path.

Logitech do an RF extender though that might help you for any non-line of sight equipment http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/378&cl=gb,en

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom