• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Harmony, 1 Hub, multiple remotes.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Currently I have 3 Pronto RU950 remotes and an RF extender. Any of the remotes can operate local kit with IR and also control the sources in my lounge that are fed to the other 2 zones.

The time has come to change as some of the remotes are starting to fail and I'm contemplating a Harmony.

Can you use a single hub with more than 1 remote?

Also can you change which devices use IR or RF to the extender?

Finally can you use multiple RF bases or are you restricted to just one? I currently have 2 extenders with my prontos but this part isn't essential as I could get away with a single base.

delanoster

Established Member
If you only need direct IR control in one room then you can use the harmony hub with the ultimate remote and at least one smart control add on plus smart phones etc.
The add on handset has no IR of its own. I have this setup to control Sky etc when watching TV in the kitchen.

It is possible to set which devices use the hub, blaster 1 or 2, remote handset or all of them.

Hope that helps.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Not quite what I need, all 3 rooms have at least a TV and amp so I need IR and RF in every zone, technically I could use IR only in the lounge. TBH I'll probably look at more Prontos, possibly the newest models.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom