• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

harmon kardon

onefunkypenguin

hello, i have just bought a harmon kardon 7500 amp from ebay and was wondering if anyone has this amp???

just need to know cause its a big bit of a beast and iv only ever had a small denon amp so unsure of that this thing can do!

anyone help??? :lease:

parkem50

Standard Member
Hi, I have the smaller AVR 630, which offers sound levels that can rip off your eyebrows. I think the 7500 could possibly cause your ears to bleed and maybe implode. Be aware! volume aside it will give you a great av experiance! Enjoy.

onefunkypenguin

Hi, I have the smaller AVR 630, which offers sound levels that can rip off your eyebrows. I think the 7500 could possibly cause your ears to bleed and maybe implode. Be aware! volume aside it will give you a great av experiance! Enjoy.

yeah, i just have my ipod hooked up and the in built tuner til i get my tv and dvd player on friday! it sounds amazing, and its so damn loud yet clear too, my speakers have never sounded so good!

it is an abs monster though, gonna upload pics when i get new stuff! :hiya:

adam4478

drop some feedback on here if you can please, just bought a dpr1005 as these beasts won't fit on my rack - was sorely tempted but settled for the smaller digital one - very impressed so far with the quality but need to spend about a month playing with the settings:rotfl:

parkem50

Standard Member
Hi adam4478, Just out of interest, where did you buy it from? Was it in the UK? My local sevenoakes told me HK didn't have a uk seller at the moment.

adam4478

i've got a trade account with a distributor. their consumer site is ave1.com - was getting a 635 but they ran out and this was the best alternative for an impatient git like me:D

onefunkypenguin

mines is currently on the floor! its prob overkill for my bedroom but at least i wont need to buy new amp for a wee while...

im looking for a stand for it, seen the ikea benno one with doors but was worried bout the weight of this on the bottom shelf? emailed ikea but they couldnt give me any more info regarding this! the glass stand that novatech are selling (documented in the forums) also looks lovely but its maybe 10cms too short for this amp, buggers.

whatever you wanna know, ask away and il try best to answer, but like i said, im a noob and this is my first proper seperates system!

Graham_E

Hi adam4478, Just out of interest, where did you buy it from? Was it in the UK? My local sevenoakes told me HK didn't have a uk seller at the moment.

HAHAHAHAHA

then your local guy is making it up. There are many resellers, including a decent chunk of Sevenoaks outlets. call 01707278100 and speak to the HK office.

parkem50

Standard Member
Thanks Graham. It was the Norwich branch of Sevenoaks! It was a good few months ago that I spoke to them. Maybe I should try and keep up to date. I am glad it made you laugh though!!
HAHAHA

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom