Harmon Kardon Soundbar Released

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Harmon Kardon have just announced the immediate availability of their SB 16 Soundbar - for those that can't, don't want or aren't allowed to have speakers positioned around the room.

Offering traditional stereo playback or '3-D' surround-sound processing, the SB 16 features two-way, dual-driver, left and right soundbar speaker channels, each with two 3-inch (75mm) midrange drivers and a 3/4-inch (19mm) dome tweeter. Furthermore, the subwoofer is wireless for the real cableophobics out there and is driven by 100 watts of power and boasts a 10-inch (250mm) driver within a ported enclosure. The soundbar amplifier power has 25W x 2 into 8 ohms, 20Hz to 20kHz, at <0.07% THD, when both channels are driven simultaneously. Proprietary sound-processing technology includes a 3-D virtual speaker surround mode that HK says 'creates a complete surround-sound experience without any extra speakers or wires'.

"To design an elegant technological solution that is convenient to use and can operate seamlessly within its environment is one of the biggest goals that drive us here at HARMAN," said David Slump, president, HARMAN Consumer Division. "The brand-new harman kardon SB 16 is proof of our continual passion for this goal."

The SB 16 also features a programmable remote that can control your TV's volume, power and source commands. There's also an EQ switch letting you adjust the soundbar's bass for wall mounting or table mounting and there's an auto turn-on circuit that automatically switches the subwoofer from "standby" to "on" when an audio signal is present.

It's available now in black or black at around £600.

Attachments

• 20110316162227.jpg
    20110316162227.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 337
I assume you're reviewing this and adding a 'review' later as so far you've just posted the specs, or is that what's supposed to happen? apologies if I'm misconstrued your reviewer title.

I assume you're reviewing this and adding a 'review' later as so far you've just posted the specs, or is that what's supposed to happen? apologies if I'm misconstrued your reviewer title.

It's possible we'll get a sample in for review but this was a news story:)

It's possible we'll get a sample in for review but this was a news story:)

yes, my mistake, saw your reviewer title and its exactly what I was after. Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom