Harmon Kardon second hand amp values

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hoppaz, May 4, 2007.

1. hoppaz

hoppaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    I have a Harmon Kardon AVR 430 receiver which I love but am considering selling as I wish to move to an HDMI upscaling amp so I can accomodate my current and future av equipment (for input switching convenience).

The amp was £1200 when new and was second in the range to the avr 630 (top of the range amp).

I can't seem to find any info on re-sale values so wonder if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

By the way I love this amp (pure quality and Logic 7 is a dream) so if anyone knows if HK's modern range of amps upscale it would be much appreciated as as I would seriously consider getting one of these.

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    if you cant find any recent sales on the various classified or auction sites, then i tend to use the following for a guide....

with equipment that gets outmoded and has no true esoteric value...but is in perfect condition....

rrp £1,200
    1 year later £700
    2 years later £500
    3 years later £400
    4 years later £300

however thats just a rough guide.....i dont know how well known or accepted your model was.....

i'll leave this thread open for a couple more days in case anyone has specific knowledge of what it may be worth...however...

[Mod Comment: To those reading, DO NOT make offers on this amp in this section as it is not a trading area, they will be immediately deleted and infractions dealt out. I normally close these threads immediately but HK kit is not so well known in the UK so I dont mind leaving it open:End Mod Comment]

3. keithlewin

keithlewin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just to be clear, when you say "one year later" and so on I think you probably mean one year after the date the machine was released - not the date you actually bought it? For instance, 12 months ago I bought the Yamaha Z9 new for £3000 and sold it last month for only £1100. But the Z9 was first released 3 years ago - so from that perspective your table of depreciated worth stacks up.

Sorry to sound nit-picking but I thought it was worth clarifying.:smashin: