Harmon Kardon - Homecinema Amps

Would you buy H & K AV amp?

• I own one. And i'd buy again.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I own one, but wouldn't buy another.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have one but would consider buying one.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Don't have one and don't intend to get one

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PC Nut

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you own one, would you by another Please vote

Just testing new poll

I was going to buy one but a yamaha won my heart and my pocket :)

Will probably stick with HK, loads of power and excellent build quality.:thumbsup:

Keep up the voting and dont forget the clocks tonight! is back or forward? i can never remember..

Where is the don't own one, don't want to option? :confused:

I think your profile says it all.

(The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of AV Forums, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.)

eh?

I agree with Jeff, that option is need. The poll is somewhat biased without it.

Message for moderator .

Please modifiy poll to reflect Jeff and Daneels request for a fourth option in the poll.
Many thanks
Pm sent to: Spectre.........

Thanks PC Nut :) I have never demoed a HK, even though I've been told good things about them. The reasons being that I find most of them ugly and also on the pricey side, especially compared to the US.

Not a problem Daneel. I Agree they are expensive but like yourself i have heard good things also, but talked to a friend who has an early model that just does dolby surround. And he had not rated it that well compared to other brands.

They are pricier in two way. First spec for spec, the competing manufacturers seems to offer more (this was a year ago i looked, it may have changed) and second if you look at price in the US vs price here we seem to be paying through the nose, more so than for other manufactuers.

Originally posted by Daneel
They are pricier in two way. First spec for spec, the competing manufacturers seems to offer more
Doubtfull mate unless you are only looking at wattage! re read the specs and compare what they measured at, like the THD and current also the load and the inclusion of Logic 7 is well worth a bit extra.

Hi Hornydragon
Logic 7 is loads better than prologic 11 i would find it hard to be without it now ive heard it which is another good reason to buy H/K imo.
Cheers Gonzo.

They are pricier in two way. First spec for spec, the competing manufacturers seems to offer more

If you want bells and whistles don’t buy HK.

HK don’t have thousands of DSP Surround modes but they ooze quality. :thumbsup:

I second gonzo and hornydragon, you just have to demo for yourself.

I personally care more about performance than looks for HC and Hi Fi, other wise I would have stuck with my old AIWA system, which I was very happy with.

i wouldn't even have considered a HC receiver or processor for that matter.

We are always paying more for most things here anyway.

The build quality is exceptional

:thumbsup:

I also have heard good things about them considering there sound. If I didn't consider them so unattractive I would defiently consider them instead of arcam (which I currently have most of).

thanks

CaM

IMO

regards to hifi fashion

In the olden days black was the only choice

Then we went through the silver phase

Now black is starting to come back in because silver is too common....

Shinny black seems to be the latest fashion now

HK have shinny black with a touch of silver a design I believe that looks very elegant and will stay in for a long while.......

Wonder how they would look if Versace, Armani & Gucci made amps :rolleyes:

maybe they should make amps with removable fascias that way we could change the look every couple of months :D

Roksan make stereo amps with interchangeable covers, I suppose you could match them to your mood, music or decor!

I'd have to agree that the latest HK receivers look better than ever - as for features - remember that the HK power ratings are usually very nominal, as they generally have loads of current and proper power supplies.

Also for music their Logic 7 system has the Lexicon pedigree behind it which is no bad thing.

As far as pricing is concerned, HK is the rare case where an American product isn't ridiculously over-priced in this country.

The main reason for this is that they have models developed for the European market (which are generally very high quality - more so than some of the American models).

Take a look at the range thats just been developed - new style , much better remote and great sounding.

PS I don't work for HK just like the way they have developed the latest products, which IMHO compare favourably with a lot of their competitors.

Tell me where I can get a HK for not 'a ridiculous' price?

I suggest to you that double the US price is ridiculous.

Sorry, but I think you have your facts wrong!

> Wonder how they would look if Versace, Armani & Gucci made amps

much like my red sim2 I would expect ;)

CaM

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom