Harmon Kardon DVD22

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ninjafeel1970, Feb 24, 2005.

1. ninjafeel1970

ninjafeel1970

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    :hiya: hi all i got today a harmon dvd 22 and what a poor player for the money i tested it plugged in to my screenplay 4800. The picture first off had jaggies all over some dvds and i put one dvd in and the player refused to play it all are original dvds so it had to go back to the shop. I then purchased a sony DVPNs930V and wow what a player no picture issues at all :clap: so if you are looking for a new player try the sony :thumbsup:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    dvd 22 was a big disapointment after the 25 which it replaced which was a decent player glad you got it sorted but tehre probably was away of getiing rid of jaggies on DVD22, did you try progressive interlaced output?

3. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i have a harman kardon dvd22 and am well pleased with the performance used with a viera

as horny says you should have used progressive so you can't really blame the player

i have beeen playing about with settings and the jury imo is still out as to whether to use progressive or let the viera do the work

don't know what price was paid for the dvd 22 but i got mine for £199 from sevenoaks hifi which was £100 saving on prices quoted by others

another plus point of the player is its ability be be upgraded via the harman kardon site as/when mods are available - it is also very easy to make multi region

4. ninjafeel1970

ninjafeel1970

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I did use the progressive scan :thumbsup: but the main concern was the player wouldnt play some dvds and orthers played fine i even tried it in the shop on another dvd22 and the same problem occurs.I paid £169.99 for the harmon from sevenoaks and they gave me a refund but i have to say the player looked very classy and very well made and the backlit remote is a nice touch.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    actually with a 4800 interlaced is probably better option.... had some issues with DVD25 and a 5700 so it may just be HK and Infocus dont like each other....LOL

6. ninjafeel1970

ninjafeel1970

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Could be although the picture quality i didn't think was nothing to shout about not for a player worth 300 quid originally the sony i've just purchased is superb the picture quality is excellent with no problems playing any dvd's.
    I think that playing a dvd player on a projector espacily the lower end market stuff is going to show a few picture problems its like the old saying goes you only get what you pay for.

7. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    other matter aside about which i admit ignorance (projectors etc) i find it strange that some discs would not play??

is it possible that between my player and yours harman kardon have changed the spec?? - or is it possible that yours is older than mine and needs the update listed on the harman kardon site??

i've played some very dodgy films on mine and it accepted them all without any fuss :rolleyes: