Harmon Kardon DVD 22 - Opinions?

sjgill

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my HT Amp to a Harmon Kardon AVR230 and was absolutly blown away with the sounds quality. I'm now looking at replacing my DVD player as there are a few things about the Panasonic S75 that I'm not too keen on. Has anyone any experiance with the HK dvd 22? The guys in the shop recommended it and it does match my amp but are there any downsides?

I've going to be running it through component into my TV (Toshiba 36ZP38) which does both Pal and NTSC progressive.

Thanks

Stuart

A very average player at an above average price. There is better around for the money.

the older HK DVD25 and 2550 were stonking DVD22 a bit of a let down.... See if you can get a DVD2550 colours match and should get a good deal on an ex dem unit try sevenoaks and search around on here 6 months ago they were going like hot hot cakes for £250-270

What about the 506 model or the new HK DVD 31 unit? Has anyone seen either of these in action yet? Opinions?

TIA

just to stick in note here - i had the dvd25 and the video was excellent, i changed to a denon 2800 mk2. The video isn't as good (red chroma bug methinks) but sound out strips the dvd25 by a long long way.

OK well to add more to this discussion I'm looking more at Picture quality as the room is only 12ftx12ft so not a huge room to have to fill with sound and I'm more than happy with the sound output from my panny s75 so as long as it's good picture and does pal/ntsc progressive and is around the £300 - £350 mark then I'm open to alternatives.

I upgraded from a S75 to HK 25 both the picture and sound quality improved

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom