1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harmon Kardon DPR 2005

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jakelee, Oct 3, 2004.

1. jakelee

jakelee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am interested to use HK DPR 2005 in my home theater.....but need some advice on the speaker selection. Currently I am thinking about Bose Cube speakers (3 front and 2 rear). But I have not heard any feedback regarding using Bose cube speakers along with HK DPR 2005, if anyone of you have experiences like this, please let me know...thanks a lot...

2. Spoonfed

Spoonfed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 2005 has loads of grunt.

Bose........ "Buy Other Stereo Equipment" should be throughly destroyed but such...... so yeah should be entertaining :) hehe

If you need to get some "small" cube type setup look at the HSU option
    www.hsuresearch.com

There are various options from speaker manufacters better than Blose

Either way the 2005 is probably over kill for such a setup. Save the $'s and size and perhaps consider a digital Panasonic receiver and have better sound quality to boot!
    XR45 or XR50... or hang out for the new XR70 with HDMI etc

3. Evil Ed

Evil Ed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Spoonfed

I had a similar querey to yourself recently - I'm purchasing a DPR2005 and am matching it up with Kef Q7, Q1, Q9c and a PSW2500 sub. Can't help you on whether the Bose are a good match but I'm sure someone can.

If I'm completely honest I mainly chose the above kit cos if its looks, but I'm adamant it'll all sound the bomb too ;)

-Ed

4. bluesfan

bluesfan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This amp is very bright - watch out. Something smooth I would guess. Perhaps not metal cones!