Harmon HKTS11 Review

Ja55

Hey all,

I just bought this sub sat package from entronics (us based) for a bargain price of approx £250 inc delivery.

I bought a Harmon Kardon AVR245 receiver and was well impressed and thought I'd buy some other Harmon components.

I haven't really had a chance to listen to many speaker packages and bought these purely on the look and price. I bought them in Gloss Black to go with my Bravia W series screen and they do look great.

Not only that but they sound great too. Got them and had them setup in time to watch the Liverpool v PSV game. I kept switching between the screen's built in speaker (has virtual surround mode) and these speakers and now I fully understand the surround thing!

The AVR245 has an EZ setup program to setup speakers which I used. They just sounded great straight away. If it wasn't for the commentry it would have been like sitting in the stadium.

The sats are very clear and can be turned very high before they start to distort (higher than comfortable listening volume). The sub mixes in very well and has quite a thud. I'll try and do some more listening and post some pics plus more in depth review, but for now if your looking to spend below £300 these must feature on your list!

Jas

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom