Harman Kardon V's Cambridge Audio Azur

J

Jonnie G

Hi Guys,

Im a wanna be Audiophile and am about to buy a new AVR Reciever...Ive narrowed the search down to either the "Cambridge Audio Azur" from Richer Sounds at £250. Or the "Harman Kardon AVR 230" at £350...

I love the look of both pieces of kit but basically want the best sound - ive got some TDL Studio 10 floor standers...Which (if any) of those would you advise is the better for sound quality...I want it for Music mainly, then Film...

Or would you advise something else?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jonnie G

zane9

Standard Member
Having owned the HK AVR 130, and now the Azur 540R, I would say that the Azur is the clearly superior product when it comes to music. I'm not familiar with the speakers you mention, but the Cambridge receiver is happily driving a set of JMLab Chorus in my lviewing/listening room.

J.
Canada

A

Azze

Hi,a world of difference!For audiophile people(as i am)Cambridge is
one of the few av receivers great to reproduce audio.Go sure for
the Azur
best regards

F

DFL

Hi, Can I ask you what you think of the TDL Studio 10's. I haven't seen many reviews on them except one

.. The honest character is similar to the TDL speakers of ... more than that. £.
499.95. Flawless floorstanders! Reviewed by Paul Moody. STUDIO 10.
ws4.richersounds.com/static/TDL%20Studio%2010.pdf

I have found them brand new for 200 euro locally here in Dublin, and we don't often get a very nice selection here especially at this price.

Did you biwire and what cables are you using, i've read in another thread people had to use really good cable to bring out the better side.

Any info would be great. By the way I agree the Azur is probably the better choice. Hope you're enjoying it.

Darren

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom