1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harman Kardon Receivers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by t0by, Aug 9, 2004.

1. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Morning all

I'm after a bit of advice please, folks. I'm looking for advice on the Harman Kardon range of AV receivers. I've not seen much coverage of reviews of them in any of the popular consumer press, but I think they look great and I am keen to know if their perfomance is as good as their looks. The models that I am considering are:

If anyone has any advice on any of these models, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

2. parkem50

parkem50
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have an AVR 630. It is great. Sound quality is clean and open, great for music even better for movies. All the surround formats you will ever need. Some bad press about build quality, not an issue. the remote takes care of everything, no need to touch the thing! It looks great. Loads of power, that drives my rogers speakers at very high levels with no problems! It does get hot though! It shockrd me how hot it got after only a couple of mins. Go listen to one if you can. It is a great all rounder. Any more questions feel free!

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Toby where are you? Lots of dealers have HK on demo. we currently have 130, 330, and 630 what budget are you looking at? and what sort of speakers?

4. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I work in Norf Lundun and live in Watford. Budget is flexible (just had a nice bonus at work!) - I just want to be sure that its all OK and that I'm getting the best deal for my hard earned wedge.

I am also looking at a new DVD player (maybe HK 31?) and Panny PW6 plasma - a big system upgrade for me. The only thing I will prob keep are my KEF 'egg' speakers, although I might buy a couple more of them if I get a 7.1 system.

Any dealers near me that might be able to help me out here?

Thanks, guys.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there are loads of HK panny dealers in london mate Musical images and oranges and lemons do HK IIRC have a flick through the back of what HiFi