Harman Kardon DVD25 / PAL Prog. Scan

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by HomeyJay, Nov 7, 2002.

1. HomeyJay

HomeyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Read a thread some time back that this player was now capable of doing PAL Prog. Scan. with a simple download. Has anyone had any experience of this player & the upgrade ?

Has it been established that this is true PAL prog. scan or is PAL simply converted to NTSC and then displayed as Prog. Scan ? If this is the case, will there be there will be a reduction in quality ?

Are there any Lipsync problems with PAL DVD's ?

Also, what's the cheapest UK price for it and is there anything else I should be looking at for the price ?

BTW. It's going to be used with a Tosh Plasma (ser. 4)

thanks !

2. sirjohnofbalham

sirjohnofbalham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be very wary of this supposed Pal ps upgrade if I were you. There is a lot of conflicting information about and if the person I spoke to at HK is to be believed, it is not possible to make this player pal ps at the moment. It is certainly not a HK approved mod. I was told that Alan James in Glasgow were selling it already modded but this turned out not to be the case. If you want pal ps, I wouldn't go for this player at the moment.