Harman Kardon DVD25 hack

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by xe0104, Feb 8, 2003.

1. xe0104

xe0104

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Last week I bought a Harman/Kardon DVD25 player. Since then I have noticed that there is a region free hack for it (to be found at http://www.apache.net/vision/dvd25_upgrade_01.asp).

Now before i go and ruin my brand new player with a faulty hack, i would like to know of your experiences with it. So if any of you have installed this firmware upgrade succesfully, but especially if you wrecked your player with it, please let me know.

Cheers, Marcel Sol

2. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its the one I used and it enables PAL prog scan also.

3. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    big-AL007,do you know where i can buy the hk25 already PAL and multi region enabled??? thanks for the previous info mate:zonked:

4. Big_AL007

Big_AL007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not sure, but I am in the business so I can ask around on Monday for you.

AL

5. xe0104

xe0104

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi al,

Thanks for your reply.

I've copied the patch to a CD, yet my burn software only allows me to write using a minimum speed of 2x, while the page containing the patch stated that this should be 1x. Do you think this would be much of a problem?

(as you notice, I am bit of a coward on this subject:))

6. rauer

rauer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    For some reason the first hacked firmware seemed a little more sensitive to the burning method: it was better to use a CD-R disc and burn at 1 x. However, I believe I used an RW disc and 2 x or 4 x burn speed successfully with a latter version (probably this very same).

7. xe0104

xe0104

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

This week I've upgraded the firmware with the region hack: and it was a great succes. At first I got a bit of a scare: I put in a region 1 disc and it played, but when the menu of the movie came up the picture turned into a vague black and white picture. Furthermore also the menu's of the player itself were B&W. At that time my girlfriend almost died laughing, while I alsmost died of shock, but then I realise that it was probably down to the fact that the disc was in NTSC, and that the player didn't convert that into PAL. So after making sure that the player did this conversion, the picture was fine.

I would like to thank those of you who have aided me in this.

Marcel.