1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harman Kardon DVD22

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Platonicideal, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Platonicideal

Platonicideal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello. Many apologies if this is posted somewhere else but I am unable to find a hack that works for this machine. I have tried every combination of standby and OSD along with the code 3141592+region code but am unable to get that hack to work on this machine.

Has anyone successfully performed a remote hack on this machine? If so, how?

Thanks for any help.

2. btrinajs

btrinajs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Platonicideal

Correct code that you have to enter through your remote control is 314159+region code ie. 3141590 for region free. Also does anyone knows if this hack still works after firmware upgrade? I am thinking to upgrade firmware on my player but I would like to be sure that I will be able to watch region 1 DVDs after upgrade.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Hi

I can't get this hack to work on my Dad's HK DVD22 either. Tried it last night. Unit was in Standby, keyed in the Code etc. Player just says Region Error then spits the disc out.

4. btrinajs

btrinajs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it definitely works on my HK DVD22. I did exactly as it is described at www.dvd365.net/?hacks/harmankardon.htm. It is possible that hack doesn't works with models that have new firmware already installed. Could you check the serial number of your DVD? According to HK site " If the serial number of your DVD 22 is from WA0008-16267 to WA0008-29406 or from WA0012-0001 to WA0012-07599" you have old firmware (same as mine and hack should work). I still didn't upgrade my firmware because I'm not sure if hack will work after upgrade. Could you let me know which firmware you have?

5. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Aha. I'll retry the hack from that link you posted as the info is different. The hack on this Forum site didn't mention holding Clear or pressing the OSD button. :rolleyes: I'll also check the Serial Number.

6. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Hack worked. Forgot to check the Serial Number though so I'll check that later!

7. Platonicideal

Platonicideal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone. I finally got it to work. Patience was the key. I have new firmware, not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I had to hold down the power key for about 15-20 seconds before it turned on while holding down clear button. After that it worked as described.

8. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Serial Number is WA0008-06090. Old Firmware going by the info above and the unit is only about a month old as well! :rolleyes:

9. katmandou

katmandou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Congrate! Anyone wanna help me with a HK/ dvd25? I too also tried the hack code from www.dvd365.net, and it still didn't work,...Any help will be appreciated...