1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harman Kardon DVD Players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by t0by, Aug 9, 2004.

1. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Morning all

I'm after a bit of advice please, folks. I'm looking for advice on the Harman Kardon range of DVD players. I've not seen much coverage of reviews of them in any of the popular consumer press, but I think they look great and I am keen to know if their perfomance is as good as their looks. The models that I am considering are:

If anyone has any advice on any of these models, I'd be very grateful. I'll be hooking it up to a Panny PW6 plasma if that's relevant.

Thanks

2. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I contacted HK and they told me the 30/ 31 is not out until the late summer. It promises to be a verry good dvd audio player.

3. t0by

t0by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've just spoken the product manager responsible for HK at the place where I work (we are an HK disti) and he said "We are expecting the DVD 31 to arrive early September, Harman are receiving the stock towards the end of August."

So, not long to wait. Hope it turns out to be worth the wait...

4. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It should be a good product if their amps are anything to go by. For me they have to be good with music as well as movies whioch the amps clearly are. Personally I'd rather wait until they release advd/ amp combo with firewire connection, coz that would reduce the amount of annoying cabling.