1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harman Kardon DVD-25 firmware disables RGB Scart???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jonny1973, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Harman Kardon DVD-25 which i usually use with my AE100 projector. The player has been upgraded to Multi-region and PAL progressive scan using Apache's firmware.

At the moment, my projector is broken so I'm trying the player on a TV using RGB Scart but the picture is blue.

The player is set to RGB Scart, the cable is fully wired and I have tried different cables and a different TV (using RGB enabled AV1 socket).

Is this caused by the firmware upgrade or do I have a faulty player?????

:(

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Have you tried setting the player up to output a composite image via the scart as opposed to an RGB one? Alternatively, have you tried, and succeeded in getting a picture by using an output other than scart?

That would give you a better indication as to whether the problem is related to the scart output itself, or the player outputting a picture full stop.

Let us know a bit more about the problem and w'll see what we can come up with :)

K.

3. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The composite picture is full colour, it just looks bad because its composite.

4. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I wasn't suggesting using it permanently, more using it as a "testing measure" to determine whether or not the actual scart output was defective which it clearly isn't :(

K.

5. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Composite scart doesn't use as many pins so it may indeed be a faulty pin.

It would be cool if someone with a hacked HK DVD25 could confirm that their RGB SCART works.

6. jason t

jason t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    mine works fine !!! are you sure you have it pluged into an rgb enabled socket??

jason

7. rauer

rauer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've tried several hacked FW versions over the previous year. One is the Apache version, another comes from a German forum and there seem to be repacked versions of those two.

One version (I believe it's the German one) sometimes loses the RGB but regains it by turning the player OFF and ON again. I believe the Apache version does not do that.

EDIT: typo