1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harman Kardon DPR2005 or Yamaha 1500/2500?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by OneDesi, May 14, 2005.

1. OneDesi

OneDesi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    I am torn between purchasing a Harman Kardon DPR2005 or a Yamaha 1500/2500 (undecided again).

Money is not the criteria but what I have is a Musical Fidelity 2 channel set up and now want to focus on the surround sound set up with one objective being that if I ever sell the MF gear then the step over to the AV rig wont be too painful.

So I suppose I am asking which of the above is the best for 2-channel?

I would really appreciate opinions from users of all 3 amps as I am struggling to choose (Wife doesn't like the Denon styling much).

Current AV rig is a Sony DAVS550.

2. pacificwave123

pacificwave123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my opinion the Harman Kardon dpr2005 is in a much higher class than the Yamaha 1500/2500. All three are good recievers but it simply depends on what you want.

I have not heard the dpr2005 but I have heard the dpr1001 which is last years modle and I came to the conclusion that the sound was full detailed and enveloping, however not as warm/dark as Harman Kardons avr models. (Consider looking at harman Kardons avr635 also)

I have heard the Yamaha 2500 and I felt that it had a slightly bright sound to it that may be fine for movies but harsh for music, so if the speakers you plan on using are bright the Yamaha may not be the best choice.

Personaly I would go with the Harman Kardon DPR2005 or consider the AVR635 because the Harman Kardons have a better tonal balance when it comes to music in my opinion. :)