Harman kardon avr171

boodle

Have had this amp for about 2 months now, and it has become the time to use my outdoor speakers in the garden.

I have them attached to the surround lett and right zone 2, but I cant seem to get anything out of these speakers fro my hdmi connected hcpc. On my old amp, a yamaha there was a zone 2 button on the front to swap between zone 1, zone 2, or both. The harman kardon seems reluctant to be so easy to use.

Any help appreciated.

dante01

Distinguished Member
AV receivers with true second zone capabilities will not output HDMI or S/PDIF sourced audio to their second zone. Your older receiver simply included additional speaker terminals and a speaker switch that allowed you shared the same source, basically splitting the amps output prior to the speaker terminals. A true second zone enabled receiver allows you to play different sources to each zone and each has its own amplification separate from the other. There are some AV receivers that do allow S/PDIF and or HDMI sources to be output to additional zones, but these are the exceptions. Your HK receiver only allows for analogue sources or audio sourced via its networking abilities to be output to its second audio zone.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom