1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harman/Kardon AVR 2550 resets by itself

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by xe0104, Jun 20, 2003.

1. xe0104

xe0104

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

A few months ago I've bought the AVR 2550 of Harman/Kardon. In itself I am very happy with it. But there is one thing that it pretty annoying: every now and then when I turn it on the display shows the text "reset", and the machine does just that. This means that after that I have to redo all the tweaking like selecting digital input, configuring speaker etc.

Does anyone have the same experience with this machine. And better even: does anyone know how i can remedy this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Marcel Sol

2. Mars_Artis

Mars_Artis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, can you tell us if you resolved the issue?
    Had to undergoe tech support or else?

Cheers

3. xe0104

xe0104

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

A while after posting the message, i actually started to think myself (better late than never eh?). What I had done was to attach the amplyfier to another machine. The trich was that when i turned of this other machine power to all boxes added to it was cut off. This very handy, but means that the amp was without power for an extended time. there is aparently a maximum amount of time that the 2550 can live without power. Is it longer than that, then it will reset itself.

After realising this, i changed this connection, and the problems were a thing of the past.

Best regards, Marcel Sol