Harman Kardon AVR 161 - HKTS 200 sub does not produce sound (except when testing)

Danielvo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

I have a problem with my Harman Kardon AVR 161. Problem is the following:

I have an AVR 161 receiver from Harman Kardon with the HKTS 9 speaker set and corresponding sub (HKTS 200).

In the setup, the sub does make a connection with the receiver (because the sound indication/ test tone responds) but with music, etc., the volume of the sub remains off, while other 5 speakers produce sound. I have adjusted several settings and already reset the entire AVR device.
Also set the volume of the sub to +10 and so far without result.

In the surround modes I also set the receiver to 5ch instead of 2, which Made clear that all speakers work.

I’ve already tested AUX to RCA directly to the sub via Phone, Which also worked. The only logical thing to me seems that for whatever reason, no signal is coming from the subwoofer output of the receiver.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks for your response. Do you know where to Find this exactly in the HK setup menus? I already saw this passing bye but now I’m not sure where to find it anymore...

What I’ve also read is that speakers with Crossover around 100HZ installed, only is possible with “Small” which in that case it currently is.

Status update: the subwoofer is now working fine. After resetting the AVR, I left the receiver alone for a few minutes and only then continued with the settings. Apparently, those minutes of rest were crucial in this case.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom