Harman Kardon 5500

JT

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, could some one who has this rec, or is in the know, tell me if it does DD EX for sure.
In the new HCC it says it does, but the same one in USA (HKR520) does not.
Thanks John

Thanks for your quick reply,
I've checked their web site but no mention of DD EX. I did a search on http://www.hometheaterforum.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi and its certain the hkr520 (hkr5500) does not do it, but thats in the USA. But in HCC review it says it does.
Think I'll email HK and find out for sure.
John

Harmon Kardon make some great stuff but not including the amps to run the rear centres is a bit of a let down, why they cant include them like most other manufacturers is beyond me.

Musically they are very good, have Logic 7, which is excellent and nifty features like EzySet.

It would seem odd if they didnt include Dolby EX when they have DTS ES:confused:

I think I read some where that they never put 7 amps in the box as this would compromise the sound quality and of the Receivers.
And I must admit it does sound good.

HI I've just had a answer back from HK ref DD EX from an avr5500 and it will not do it. However the avr8500 does.

Hmmm... No Dolby EX but its got DTS ES:confused: A real shame as its got lots of other good features.

Bit of a slip up by HK there I think. The 8500 looks good but it should do as its their flagship receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom