1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harman Kardan

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Munawar, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Munawar

Munawar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am a fairly new buyer and purchased the following equipment:
    HK AVR7500, KEF Q SERIES Q3 (REAR), Q5 (FRONT), Q9C (CENTRE), REL Q150E.

I ENJOY THE MOVIE QUALITY OF THE 7500 BUT MUSIC WISE IT IS NOT SATISFYING. WHAT CAN I DO TO IMPROVE THE SOUND MUSIC WISE. WOULD THE PA2000 HELP? OR SHOULD I CHANGE TO THE DENON 3803. WHAT OTHER AVR'S CAN YOU RECOMMEND. MY ROOM IS RELATIVELY SMALL BUT I AM IN THE PROCESS OF SHIFTING AND THE MOVIE ROOM WILL NOW MEASURE 25 FEET X 18 FEET. WILL THIS IMPROVE THE SOUND. ACCORDING TO THE DEALER WHO SOLD ME THE STUFF IT WILL (MY CURRENT ROOM IS ONLY 150 SQUARE FEET AND THE SOUND BOUNCES OFF THE WALLS ITS TOO LOUD).

PLEASE HELP.

REGARDS,

MUNAWAR

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi munawar
    What are you using to play cds on the harman kardon will easily beat the denon in stereo so its going to be somthing else in your system that needs changing tho the speakers are fine.
    Cheers Gonzo.

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Have you let the system 'bed' in yet?? Ive heard that it takes some time for Kef Q series to loosen up.
    If you really want to improve the stereo it would be better to buy a stereo amp to go from the preouts on the Harman and drive the Q5's.
    Are you using decent speaker cable and analogue cables ?? DVD player or dedicated cd player??