Hardware

Hooligaani

Yep I'm getting this, will wait for the price to drop a bit though, a bit rich at £17.48.

darklight

I probably would have bought this even with the reveiws but I caught it on Zone Horror a few months ago and man is it a bit on the crappy side:eek:.
Stanley's next film, Dust Devil was far superior:thumbsup:

[nothing]

For those of you interested, this is getting a Region A release on September 29th (after they decided to region lock the UK release).

Cheesy as hell, but i'm looking forward to it. All they need to do now, is release Robot Jox and Crash and Burn on Blu-ray and i'll be a happy man.

EDIT: And Runaway. Someone has to release that awesome piece of crap on Blu. Please?

Last edited:

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Couldn't wait, caved in and bought the region 1 dvd. Fine slice of sci fi hokum.:thumbsup:

Bought the Aussie disc, love it. Hardware is crap though, IMO. Watch the bit where Lemmy pops up, truly cringeworthy stuff. Improvised dialogue?

dannydj

Distinguished Member
Bought the Aussie disc, love it. Hardware is crap though, IMO. Watch the bit where Lemmy pops up, truly cringeworthy stuff. Improvised dialogue?

yeah but the soundtrack is great - i think it also looks lovely on blu.......this disc has actually turned out to be one of my favourites this year......now for the same treatment on dust devil ( 5 disc blu ray set plleaassee !! )

never seen runaway, would you guys recommend it ??

[nothing]

never seen runaway, would you guys recommend it ??

YouTube - Runaway trailer (1985)

Yes. It's an often forgotten slice of 80's awesomeness (probably forgotten because it came out the same year as the Terminator), complete with robotic killer spiders.

I'm tempted to buy the DVD, but I know as soon as I do, they'll announce the Blu-ray.

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Anyone even remotely interested in Jerry Goldsmith's work should check out Runaway. I believe that it was his first predominantly electonic based score.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom