Hardware Podcast: Samsung QD OLED announced, Hi-Fi for Under £500? AV News and more...

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Podcast: Hardware edition live stream. This week we discuss the latest AV news, including the announcement of Samsung's first QD OLED TV. Plus, can you buy a decent Hi-Fi for under £500? We also answer your questions and look forward to upcoming reviews on the site. Join us live to ask your questions for the team

Presented by Phil Hinton with Ed Selley and Ian Collen

This podcast is sponsored by MPB, the simplest and safest way to sell photo and video kit. Free up funds from your kitbag and get paid fast. Find out how much MPB will pay you HERE.

00:00:00 - Start

These links will be live following the live stream

Direct Link

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited:

FergieB

Very interesting discussion on audio systems. One thing I’ve been puzzled by is if I use my iPhone with Apple Music (set to hi res lossless) to airplay to my Yamaha R-N301, what bit and sample rate is the Yamaha receiving? The Yamaha has no way of indicating what it is receiving via Airplay.

Fasen

Good one. :thumbsup:

Just a small request. Could you going forward, link to the album of the week and playlist in the thread? Thanks

Jessica Noir

Shaft in Africa is not an extra thing on the Shaft 4K from Criterion, as it wasn’t directed by Gordon Parks.

Between that, Get Carter and Drive, 4K has got some cracking releases coming.

Toon Army

Thanks gents and good choice of the Samsung for the long-term review and comparison with this year's OLEDs. Looking at the projected pricing, I can't see the difference in the picture being worth the extra cost.

Enjoyed the chat about setting up a secondary AV system as I'm looking at that scenario for the loft. In my case, I'm considering a pair of active speakers as the centrepiece.

PS - Well done to Ed for holding the fort at the start.

John

Was almost comedy gold at the start when @Ed Selley was having to monolog and tried to bring in @Ian Collen , only to be met with silence.
I was just waiting for Ed to go 'er Ian?' before bursting out laughing whilst walking the dog

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom